These work very well for me in positive single digit Celsius temperatures: Climb And Conquer Winter Cycling Gloves | Stolen Goat
I’ve got a pair of those Climb and Conquer gloves and the total lack of breathability means my hands sweat so much my fingers come out pruned like I’ve been in the bath. Funnily enough the C+C winter jacket is similarly boil in the bag, like something from the 80’s. YMMV etc
I think the only way to get what you’re looking for is with electic heated glove. I use some big electic ski gloves. They are certainly not slim and sexy but I’m good from -10 to 0℃.
A lot of the current production methods make the silicone grippers surprisingly resilient but with enough use they definitely wear away. I personally find most of the suede leather palms (or maybe synthetic leather but whatever) are plenty grippy for most flat bar grips and any tape that isn’t totally glossy.
I have those type of gloves too, but they don’t do much at those temperatures unless my HR is very consistently high (e.g., CX race).
Case closed. At least for now.
The assumption was pretty straightforward: if something as thin and slim as the GOREWEAR GORE-TEX INFINIUM Stretch Gloves can exist for around +5°C, there has to be a glove that can handle 0–5°C while being only slightly thicker.
As luck would have it, my LBS happened to get the MAAP Power Shield Gloves in stock yesterday, so I went to try them on today. And my oh my — if the manufacturer’s 1–10°C rating isn’t complete fantasy, these are what I was looking for.
They’re a three-layer glove, so there is inevitably a bit of wrinkling, but floppy or bulky? Not even remotely. Like the thinnest XC skiing gloves.
Now I’m “unfortunately” stuck with an Indian summer and temperatures above 20°C, but I’ll report back as soon as we hit the critical temperature.
I really like my 100% Briskers for colder weather.
https://www.100percent.com/products/brisker-glove-fluo-orange-black
I also have the Dissent 133 gloves linked above. I use those on really cold days or when it’s going to be variable temps.
(post deleted by author)
Would you say these are good for the 0–5°C range?
Keeping in mind that everyone is different, I’ve used the Briskers in that range and been fine. The Dissent 133’s are better at those temps but bulkier.
On a related note, one of the most underrated concepts about cold is acclimatization. Just like heat in Summer one must acclimate their body to cold in Winter. The more time you spend in the cold the more comfortable you are in it.
If those fit your definition of slim and sexy then I think you have plenty of options, with the caveat that perceived hand temperature is maybe only second to foot temperature in terms of how much it varies person to person.
Take a look at windproof options from Gripgrab. Pearl Izumi Cyclone gloves are another fave. I find almost any glove with a windproof softshell material plenty warm down to 0°C, so I don’t think you need bulky insulation unless your hands run cold.
As others have mentioned, waterproof gloves are needed when its really raining, but you will get sweaty and cold very quickly.
No issues with grip and I’ve been using them for a few years now. They are ideal for wet Seattle 5 to 10C winter rides.
If it’s colder, I tend to only go out if it’s dry and prefer something a bit more puffy for warmth (some cheapo thinsulate gloves I bought years ago from a local shop). Dexterity is poor but they keep my hands warm.
Im your shoes I’d probably try something like the Rapha Insulated Windstopper gloves but fit for winter gloves is trial and error as you are well aware ![]()
And that’s pretty much what the Dissent 133 gloves look like on the hand, with the big difference being the Dissent gloves are layered and more adaptable over a wide range of temperatures.
So much for the layered gloves are bulky thing.

